sábado, 8 de mayo de 2010

2010 holidays (Los Angeles - Las Vegas - Mesa - Tucson - San Diego)

2010 holidays (Los Angeles - Las Vegas - Mesa - Tucson - San Diego)

My holidays finally arrived, I needed them so much and in the same time I knew they were going to be unique.

On Wednesday 31st I was taking the flight to Chile, and I found that my companion was a very happy man, he complained the whole three hours of flight. At the airport of Chile I had to wait two hours until I get the next flight would stop in Lima and then would take me to Los Angeles! Hopefully, I had WiFi in the airport, so I amused chating with a friend.

At 20:30, we start to aboard the flight, and then I recieve a text message from Paola telling me that their flight was delayed in Buenos Aires, so she wouldn't be on time to do the connection with my flight in Lima, that meant I have to fly alone, but I calmed down and got on the plane. My companion this time was a little quieter, although he won't let me talk, so I put on my headphones and listened some good music to not have to endure him.

We I arrived to Lima have to wait a long time inside the plane because a lot of people was arriving in that city, and in this time my companion was a man who recently had a knee surgery and he kept saying that he needed a seat where he could stretch his leg, another one full of fun!
8 hours passed and I finally arrived to LAX, where in control passes a man asked me lots of quetions, also took me a picture and my fingers prints, and the man who attended me told me to learn English would be good lol, he didn't miss a thing to ask! After that I sat waiting for the flight of my friend and try to not freak me out at seeing all that people with coffee and cigarettes, things that did not have at my disposal!
After two hours Paola appeared, and then we were both relieved to see us. From there we went with the bags to catch the bus to get us out of LAX and leave us to take another route to Santa Monica, we went straight to reach the hostel, where we checked the bags and leave to go to take a delicious breakfast, the place we choose was the Santa Monica pier, the weather was cool but it felt so good to hear the sea and breathe the clean air, so we sat outside the place, with a delicious bagle and a big cup of coffee!
When we finished we went to tour a little and then choose a place for lunch. In the afternoon we finally could take the bags to our room, where there were two Japanese girls, two German and two that didn't know where they were hahaha. We left our things and went to buy the cameras, which cost us achieve and at the time we had to travel a lot!, But worth it!. The end of the day surprised us and I still couldn't realized where I was.

What caught my attention the most since the first day wew two different things: one, how friendly the people was, they always said "excuse me" and also the ease with which they live, and the other things was the large number of people who live in the street and the amount of crazy people who walk by them, is sad to see that in a first world country where one believe that those things doesn't happen much...

Continue....

Thanks @DayFantasy

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario