miércoles, 26 de mayo de 2010

Day 4 (Downtown-China Town-Litle Tokio):


Fourth day in Los Angeles, had breakfast and we headed to dowtown, we take the Big Blue, a bus which take you to various parts of Los Angeles and always leave and return to Santa Monica, if you ever go there, I recommend it.

Our first stop was Anthrax, where we bought tickets for the train that would take us to San Diego. Then we went out to El Pueblo, ancient place of Los Angeles, where is the oldest house and the sample of what was Mexico once, which I mean that all premises were in Spanish and everything was acclimated and gave the feeling of being really there in Mexico, we walked a long time and we also saw an Aztec ceremony!


>We walked a few blocks and came to China Town where I have had amazed only seeing the entrance to the site! Is truly beautiful, the decoration of rooms and houses, even the asphalt is with Chinese designs, so many things to see and those prices! hahaha after walking a while we went to a store where I bought a present to my mother's bed with signs in Chinese and black and copper and Paola bought a beautiful gown!, I think one of the things I liked the most were the house decorated as ancient China, was a beautiful thing to see!. I think the funniest part of the day was about to come, around two of the afternoon we began to look forward to a nice restaurant to eat and after looking for a place where we didn't know what they might serve us for food, we found a nice restarurant, when we get into it we found a table and right then I had mis first shock: only had chopsticks on the table and I don't know how to eat with chopsticks!, I sat at the table was hesitant and Paola went to the bathroom, as he left, the waitress start attacking me every two seconds offering meals (that we understand were the first dish) that you can choose them or not and then they wrote what you eat in a little paper. We didn't know how much was it every dish, so we only took a meal for each of us and jump right to the main dish: chop suey (I already know that was gonna like me), but in the very moment they brought us the dish, I saw a bunch of brocoli! And I hate brocoli! (Note: before you order, ask what have the food). And i forgot! After all that concern I had for the chopsticks, they brought me forks! So I finally could eat in peace!!!


After dinner we met a little more of China Town and there I commit my second mistake of the trip! I decided to took to some of my closest friends some beautifuls Koi fish keychains, and after payed them, I went to withdraw them and after not finding them, and I said "LOS FISH???" and the lady looked me like she was tying to guess what would I ment with that, so I grab the keychains and went, because that caused me a great shame hahaha.



Then we continue our way, we passed through Walt Disney Concert and we continue to Little Tokyo, it felt that it was Sunday and that is an area of business, because wasn't a single soul in the street, but I like it! Because I love peace!. When we headed to Little Tokio we realice why people call it like that, I think you can not highlight a lot of that place, just some little things and know that you can visit all the place very fast hahaha.




When we finish, we went again to China Town to take the bus back to the hostel, but unfortunately we wait a long long time in the wrong place, and when we found the right place to take the bus, it took another hour and a half to come that bus, so to pass the time and the cold that we had, we tryed to have some fun, I leave you a picture to prove it!



When we arrived to the hostel, we found a little surprise: we weren't aloud to left the bags in the hostel's lockers! Because they said we left the bags more time than they could watch them and that we have to take them with us (clarification: the day after, they told us we can lef the bags in the hostel, so imagine our reaction!)
Finally I can not forget the lady who sat next to us while we waited for the bus and told us that a few hours ago had been an earthquake and asked us if we had sense it. But today I still wonder if that was true because we never felt anything. It might be that when one is so calmed, the things that happen seem to pass by? I doubt it!!!


Thanks @DayFantasy

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario